Companies need commercial ice machines but they don’t need the hassles and costs associated with ice machine ownership!
Commercial Equipment Services understands the costs and headaches commercial ice machine ownership brings and that’s why we off a leasing program that takes the risk away from our customers. For customers that depend on ice, our fully-inclusive commercial ice machine subscription program delivers the best ice machines, service and added benefits -(Western New York area only).
Commercial ice machines are notoriously fickle pieces of capital equipment. So why spend capital on an ice machine that will require spending more money year after year? Commercial Equipment Services assumes the risk for commercial ice machines saving our customers the expenses of repairs, service, parts, maintenance and cleanings.
Commercial ice machine pre-installation checklist
The purpose of our pre-installation checklist is to provide you with some guidance regarding what is required to successfully install a commercial ice maker. It is not an exhaustive list. Our technicians will perform a thorough site survey prior to installation to ensure your location qualifies.
For most of our customers, they skim the pre-installation checklist below. If they can answer “yes” to the items on list, the site survey should go smoothly and we can get an ice machine installed quickly.
- Floor Drain
- Within 6 feet of the machine
- Allows for ¼ inch fall for every foot of drain pipe
- Doesn’t present a tripping hazard
- For 110V machines, a 20 amp dedicated circuit
- For 220V machines, majority require 20 amp, some 30 amp
- 220V systems are designed for use with 4-wire system (i.e. dedicated neutral)
- Water line capable of delivering 5 gallons per minute with a dedicated shutoff valve within 6 fees of the machine.
- Machines below 1300 lbs require 3/8 inch supply line.
- Machines at or above 1300 lbs require a 1/2 inch supply line.
- Maintain room temperature between 45 and 95 degrees F
- Allow enough air circulation to ensure hot spots do not develop around the ice machine
The Operator’s responsibilities:
- Keep the air temperature between 45 – 95 degrees F.
- Maintain proper ventilation around the equipment.
- Make sure the machine has the proper water and power.
- Clean the air filter.
- Wipe down the surfaces of the machine.
- Let us do the work on the inside of the machine.
The lease program really is that simple! It’s the perfect solution for equipment that is critical to a business, but requires skills that are not core to the staff.
No Hassle. No Capital. Just Ice.